Are YOU ready to kick start
your career in Urban Planning & Architecture?
GIVING YOU THE FOUNDATION TO SUCCEED
Being able to plan and develop a building, city, park, and much more is one of the reasons why Urban Planning and Architecture are not only exciting but in demand careers. The Urban Planning and Architecture career field gives interns the opportunity to support a wide range of tasks including CAD work, developing sample boards, perform technical analysis, support community development, and more. Participants wanting to expand their experience supporting city planning, technology applications to development, architectural firms, and environmental agencies will be able to work for start-ups and established consultancies, firms and mid-sized companies as they take on business support work and tasks directly related to Urban Planning or Architecture.
Career Field Skills You’ll Learn During Your Urban Planning & Architecture Internship
- Copywriting – Website, Blog, Marketing
- Creative Writing
- Creative Design – Photoshop, Illustrator etc
- Creating Presentation Materials
- Project Management
- CAD Design & Modelling
- UX/UI Design, User Journey Flow
- Research for architectural projects (including PPT editing, graphics and production support)
- Creating rapport with existing clients via video/phone calls and emails. Followed by reaching out to new clients and starting the onboarding process (administrative work)
- Explore new architectural design concepts for firm clientele.
Key Transferable Skills Students will need for Urban Planning & Architecture careers
Most all projects completed with urban planning require multiple inputs from various stakeholders. The ability to bring them together to support a finished project successfully will be important.
Both Urban Planning and Architecture require using technical software to deliver plans for large projects. Ability to master these softwares and readily learn new ones is key.
In order to deliver projects that meet the needs of your clients, you will need to be able to unpack cultural differences and navigate multiple perspectives to find the best solution.
PREVIOUS ROLE SPOTLIGHT
WHAT YOUR VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP MIGHT LOOK LIKE
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
- All the latest news and career opportunities delivered straight to your inbox
- Be the first to learn about our exclusive offers and promotions
- Enter into our competitions