Are YOU ready to kick start
your career in International Development,
NGO & Charity?
GIVING YOU THE FOUNDATION TO SUCCEED
The International Development and NGO career field offers unique opportunities for interns interested in international affairs, global issues, political science, and social impact. Whether the host organization’s area of focus is on languages, cultures, or economics around the world, these types of placements will provide interns with an understanding of important causes, policies, and initiatives in their host country. Interns will also gain first-hand experience on the operations of an NGO/NPO, as well as the obstacles and limitations they face on a daily basis.
Career Field Skills You’ll Learn During Your International Development, NGOs, & Charity Internship
- Project Management
- Community Outreach
- Marketing & Public Relations
- Research and Analysis
- Written and Oral Communication
- Data Analysis
Career Field Skills You’ll Learn During A Creative, Design, & Fashion Internship
- Support project management and coordination of international development grants, including quarterly reporting and future grant submissions.
- Contribute to country-specific research: track and analyze political, security, and humanitarian developments in select countries; produce charts/graphs/visuals related to key developments as needed.
- Assist with logistics for workshops and field visits.
Key Transferable Skills Students will need for International Development, NGOs, & Charity careers
To support NGOs as well international development, intercultural skills are an obvious necessity. Regardless if the NGO is of an international nature all supporters will still be supporting multiple cultures and stakeholders requiring these skills to be ultimately successful.
The ability to be aware of your place, background, and opportunities given while supporting others will be crucial in providing empathetic and quality assistance.
Tolerance for Ambiguity
In many cases of support there may be a level of ambiguity as you cross the various obstacles in providing adequate solutions. Being able to continue forward while not always knowing the clear path will be essential to maintaining success in International development.
PREVIOUS ROLE SPOTLIGHT
WHAT YOUR VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP MIGHT LOOK LIKE
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST
- All the latest news and career opportunities delivered straight to your inbox
- Be the first to learn about our exclusive offers and promotions
- Enter into our competitions