Virtual Internships & Kiron
Scholarships for Refugees
Scholarships for Refugee Students
(Apply by hitting the button at the bottom of this page)
Virtual Internships and Kiron are partnering to offer 5 Fully-Funded Scholarships to participate in a Virtual Internship Program this fall! Our Scholarships for Refugee Students will give those living in refugee areas the opportunity to undertake a global remote work opportunity, gain skills and career experience, and build professional connections all from a computer!
A virtual internship allows you to be connected to a global company in your field of interest and work a remote role – from your own computer! You will have the option of working 20 or 30 hours per week remotely for a span of two months.
Through this opportunity, you will be able to work with a real company and complete exciting projects learning more about your field. You will participate in company Zoom calls, connect weekly with your supervisor, and engage in tasks to help support your host company! You will also be able to gain professional skills and experience, and meet professionals in the industry! Given its remote nature, a virtual internship allows you to build upon your autonomy skills, improve your time-management, and complete work on your own time.
5 motivated and enthusiastic students will be awarded a fully-funded Virtual Internship program – a $1,595 USD value! While the program is fully funded, it is important to note that these are unpaid work opportunities.
Overall program inclusions are:
– Guaranteed remote internship placement in the career field of your choice (12 Career Fields to choose from!)
– Full program support with a designated Program Experience Manager to help you along the way
– Coaching Calls during your program and with one of our Internship Coaches, to discuss your internship progress, goals, and share professional development advice
– Access to Virtual Internships webinars, Guest Speaker series, and Google Hangouts live chats
– Access to Career Bridge, our online global employability curriculum
Applications will officially open on September 15th, 2020. The application consists of two parts – a written form and a video response submission.
Must speak fluent or near-fluent English (B1 or B2 Level) and be prepared for a business setting. B2 level strongly preferred.
Must have access to a computer and WiFi
Submit a current resume/CV – showcasing your experience, educational history, background, skills, hobbies, etc
Must be open-minded and see this as an exciting opportunity
*Must agree to & accept winner requirements if chosen as a scholarship winner