As CRCC Asia and Virtual Internships look to support students seeking internships in 2020 we have joined forces to take the decade of internship expertise and our dynamic and experienced staff to deliver a quality virtual international internship program powered by Virtual Internships.
Step One: Choose a Focus
We have created two focuses for an applicant to choose from to ensure that your needs and professional goals are met and guarantees a placement in the country or career field of your choice.
By selecting the International Focus Track, we guarantee you an Online International Internship in the country of your choice, allowing you to select from China, Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, India, or The United Kingdom.
In guaranteeing you the country of your choice, we request that you select 3 Career Fields ranking them 1-3. During the placement process we will attempt to get you a placement in your first choice and move to the second only after all options are exhausted.
Why Choose the International Focus?
Perhaps you would like to work in the country after graduation or have been studying the country’s language and culture and would like to expand those skills and understanding.
This option is perfect for anyone focused on building networks and experience in a specific country.
Career Field Focus
By selecting the Career Field Focus Track, we guarantee you an Online International Internship in the career field of your choice, allowing you to select from over 18 different identified Career Fields.
In guaranteeing you the career field of your choice, we request that you select 3 countries ranking them 1-3. During the placement process we will attempt to get you a placement in your first choice country and move to the second only after all options are exhausted.
Why Choose the Career Field Focus?
If you have a clear focus on the professional skills and experience you would like to gain but are not committed to working in one specific country then exploring the Career Field track is for you.
This option is perfect for anyone wanting global experiences throughout the world, but has a focused career goal.
Step Two: Complete the Initial Application
The Virtual International Internship Program application process is done in two parts, first the general application for and second completing the virtual video application. The initial general application will ask you to identify a few key details to include:
1. Preferred Start Date: Our Online International Internship Programs start every other Monday on a rolling basis. We ask that applicants select a start date at least 6 weeks in advance of their chosen start date. You can find a full list of program start dates on our Dates & Prices page.
2. Selected Focus and Corresponding Career Field or Country preferences.
3. Requested Program Duration and Weekly Hours worked: Interns have the opportunity to select a 1, 2, or 3 month internship as well as deciding whether to complete a 20 hour or 30 hour per week work schedule. To complete a minimum 120 hour internship, any intern selecting a 1 month internship will need to select a 30 hour a week internship schedule.
4. Uploading your Resume/CV
Step Three: Complete the Virtual Video Application
After completing the initial application you will be invited to complete our Virtual Video Application.
The video application was chosen as virtual connections will be a main component of a virtual international internship. The ability to show understanding of new platforms, engage with a digital application, and feel comfortable on the screen will be crucial to a successful online internship.
Completing recorded responses will only take 10-15 minutes and all video footage may also be shown to prospective host companies during the matching process.
Virtual Video Video Application Questions:
- Why is the student interested in completing a virtual internship?
- Why has the student chosen their specific focus, either Career Field or International?
- What challenges does the student expect to encounter and overcome during a virtual internship?
- How has the intern successfully worked in a team before?
- What skills and experiences does the intern bring to the table and how will they apply them to their internships?
Step Four: Await Your Official Offer
All completed Virtual Video Applications will be reviewed within two business days after being submitted with any successful applicant receiving an official offer letter via email. The official offer letter will confirm your program details and should you have any additional questions allow you to schedule a call with a Program Experience Manager.
Step Five: Confirm Your Acceptance
Any student wishing to formally accept their internship offer will need to confirm their acceptance of the official offer no later than 6 weeks prior to the start date. Acceptance is confirmed once you have paid your acceptance fee with the final payment only being owed once you have officially accepted a placement offer from one of our dynamic host companies.
Class of 2020 Graduation Discount
Firstly, congratulations! We know how challenging this school year has been and any graduating student should be immensely proud of themselves. To celebrate your achievement Virtual Internships would like to support you during this new and exciting phase you're about to enter. We're offering a $200USD discount on both our university and high school (foundations) internship programs to help you get the working experience needed to land your dream job.
Class of 2020 Graduation Discount