Creating Institutional Partnerships to increase student EMPLOYABILITY
Employability is increasingly important for Universities in most regions of the world. We are able to work with universities in a variety of ways to make your students more employable. Please contact us to set up a meeting and find out the different ways we can work with you.
Some of our existing university partnerships…
Why work with Us?
As CRCC Asia and Virtual Internships look to support students seeking internships in 2020 we have joined forces to take the decade of internship expertise and our dynamic and experienced staff to deliver a quality virtual international internship program powered by Virtual Internships. Any student or university can expect the same quality they have always encountered when working with CRCC Asia or Virtual Internships but in an enhanced capacity as we work in tandem to deliver a high-quality virtual international internship program.
Virtual Internships offers:
- A legacy of Virtual programming starting in 2018
- Developed Host Company Network with over a decade of engagement
- Tested and tried support for your students with a custom curriculum and enhanced coaching calls
- Competitive program pricing with opportunity for partnership discounts
HOW IT WORKS
We find your students and graduates a great role based on their availability, requirements and career aspirations
With a wide range of roles and host companies available, we’re sure to find a great fit
We provide the intern with training materials and coaching so that they are fully prepared for their internship
A BIG STEP
We understand that many students can feel nervous, and so we minimise this with pre-program training
We are in regular contact with the student and the company to ensure a valuable experience for both parties
Real-world skills are improved throughout the program, setting them up for future employment
We and the company provide feedback, progress reports and a reference for the student that improves their employability
The company can decide whether or not to take the student on as a full-time employee
Meeting Student Needs Year-Round
Virtual Internships is a response to universities, employers and students needing to meet the #futureofwork. Our programs were developed to support access to experiential learning and employment opportunities year-round. Students can select to begin their internship year round and universities can work with us to support summer and semester programming.
Summer programming: Throughout the summer Virtual Internships can support university students seeking full-time internships as well as work directly with study abroad or career services offices to create set program dates and career fields aligning with your summer calendar and meeting minimum hour requirements for credit.
Semester programming: Virtual Internships has had great success working with specific faculty and colleges to develop a complementing internship course and allow students to complete a part-time internship along with their university studies. This opportunity allows students to complete their internship while being guided by a professor and takes advantage of one of virtual internships greatest assets, flexibility!
Creating Custom Partnerships
Working with our university partners, our Virtual International Internships can be with host companies from a specific country or specific career field with a set start date to allow all students to process the same steps on the same timeline best supporting a complementing course or facilitation.
Virtual Internships can also create custom virtual recruitment information sessions, orientation sessions, as well as university programming throughout the internship such as webinars from university alumni or professors or a virtual networking session with global alumni.
One of our most successful custom components is the opportunity to develop group internships. Students can be paired in groups of 3-4 interns at one host company with a project deliverable to ensure that they are supported by not only Virtual Internships and their host company but their peers as well. This model can take a few variations to include:
- Assigning a Permanent Group Leader
- Assigning Rotating Group Leaders
- Groups are unstructured
Through partnering with Virtual Internships, universities can benefit exponentially accessing:
- A dedicated University Partnerships Manager that works with their university counterpart to build custom programs and provide updates throughout the entire process
- University partnership program discounts
- Customizable programs that meet the needs of faculty, students, and employers.
- An aligned curriculum and program inclusions to meet the identified learning objectives of a university.
A key part of our virtual internships is the access to a global network of host companies and the ability for students to increase their cross-cultural competence at a distance. All programming support has a strong focus on global employability to include:
- Placement in companies across the globe as well as providing a specific international focus.
- Inclusion of 3 months premium access to Rosetta Stone Online Language Courses
- Business webinars focused on global networking, international job searches, and much more
- Online curriculum focused on NACE career readiness competencies with a strong feature of global / intercultural fluency as we support students understanding their global host company needs.
Furthermore our partnership with CRCC Asia allows students seeking virtual internship opportunities now to access in-person global opportunities in the future, with the ability to create custom programming that ties virtual programming to study abroad programming.